- Individualized care – In most cases, one-on-one treatment for young adults is essential to work through peer, personal, or family troubles. If there are behavioral problems or if drugs or alcohol are involved, these individual therapy sessions will help bring to light the root of the causes so that they may be addressed appropriately
- Family-focused therapy – Another critical technique in healing an individual and their family is through family-focused treatment sessions. This a proven and effective way for the child and other family members to work through issues in a safe place that will help build trust and communication skills
- Results-driven – In our programs, we constantly strive to change and grow with the needs of our individuals and their families to support them on this important journey. As a team, we find what works best for each individual, and we continue to grow with that while making crucial changes to the areas that are not working. Creating an exceptional level of care for all who are involved is our top priority.
There are many paths to explore when looking for different treatment options, one that should top your list is wilderness therapy in the Northwest. Wilderness therapy is a mixture of experiential, adventure, and traditional therapy that provides an individual with a safe environment for success and personal growth. The team at Rites Of Passage Wilderness Therapy have taken some time to help point out some of the details and benefits of this unique treatment option.
The setting for wilderness therapy helps remove many of the outside influences and distractions of everyday life. Participants will have the opportunity to focus on their behavior patterns as well as their mental health. As a parent, not having to worry about your child’s safety while they are attending a therapy program is a relief and knowing that they are in a program that distances them from the negativity and issues at school or home.
The team at Rites of Passage Wilderness Therapy also believes that the most beneficial treatment plans are those that also involves the individual’s entire family. While it is crucial for the participant to work on themselves, without including other family members will not allow healing for the whole family to occur. Our participants and their families can expect to participate in family workshops, adventures, and also regular family therapy sessions.
The wilderness therapy in the Northwest program is also proud to provide our participants with some of the most experienced and knowledgeable team. Our staff is comprised of healthcare and counseling professionals that have a real passion for what they do and treat each participant with the utmost respect.
If you are interested in doing some more research about the benefits of a treatment program that is filled with team-building exercises and adventures in a natural setting look no further, our team would be more than happy to meet with you and your family to discuss a plan of treatment using wilderness therapy in the Northwest and other details. When you are ready to take the next step, just reach out to a member of our team to set up a facility tour, meet our staff and learn more about all treatments involved with our program. Call Rites of Passage Wilderness Therapy today at (800) 794-0980.
Recommended Items To BringEach rehabilitation facility will have different policies when it comes to the items that are advised to bring. The following are some of the things to consider:Prescription Medications - This will have to be current prescription medications only in the original bottle that has all of the information intact on the label. If you have liquid medicines, it will have to be brand-new and sealed. You should also supply a list of medications that you are taking along with the dosage.Journal or Notebook - Good for jotting down thoughts and goals.Envelopes and Stamps - Just in case you would like to write letters to loved ones.Address Book - This should have any names, addresses and contact numbers for anyone that you would like to have involved in your course of treatment, including your loved ones, your sponsors, healthcare professionals, etc.Pictures - Having pictures of loved ones, pets, and family can be kept in your room, in your wallet, or your journal.Clothing - This will include shirts, pants, shorts, undergarments, pajamas, socks, bathing suit, robe, hat, shoes (including those for hiking and outdoor activities), and more.Toiletries - Some may be provided at the rehab center, but you will want to bring your toothbrush, hairbrush, comb, any other items you need.Do you still have questions on what to bring for treatment? All you have to do is get in touch with our team at Rites Of Passage, and we can go over all of the details with you. It is important to us that we help you to feel comfortable and to make sure you have everything you need so that you can focus on treatment and recovery.If you are getting ready to leave for a long term drug treatment center in Washington State, Rites Of Passage Wilderness Therapy can tell you what to bring. Call (800) 794-0980 today!
- Removal from outside influences - When your teen is taken out of the regular distractions that they find in everyday life, they have a chance to focus solely on their mental health and behavior. You will not have to worry about the negative influences that they would face when trying to work through issues at home and in school.
- Highly-trained, caring staff - With our wilderness therapy program at Rites Of Passage Wilderness Therapy, we have a team of counseling and healthcare professionals with a real passion for what they do.
- Family-centered therapy - We have found that our treatment plans are much more successful when the whole family can get involved and be part of the healing process. Our programming may include everything from regular family therapy sessions to family workshops and much more.