Rites of Passage NW is a long-term, residential program for teenagers and young adults who are seeking a sober existence, free of alcohol and drugs. Rites of Passage NW is often a destination for those immediately coming from inpatient psychiatric treatment, or a detoxification program from alcohol and drugs. Occasionally, one of our teens does come straight from home, however, all of our clients must be medically stable prior to admission at Rites of Passage NW. While we do have medical staff present, our focus is on sober living, not detoxification.
There are several ideals that we believe teens should understand before coming to our program.
- A 90-day commitment of stay is required. Every individual stay is slightly different, and longer stays are common.
- Destructive behavior is to be eliminated
- Teens will be recovery-focused
- New coping skills will be taught that apply to the real world
- 12-step recovery participation is required
- Regular attendance at 12-step meetings is an absolute requirement
We are a program that is based on the 12 steps, in addition to natural, holistic therapy. Each teen will spend a period of time getting acclimated at our facility. Beyond that beginning stage, teens will be expected to learn to become productive members of society. They do this by attending online classes or school while at our facility, gaining employment, or volunteering in the community. With no exception, part of our “rules” here at the ranch include waking up and going to bed at a reasonable hour, meeting goals, and being productive members of society.
Teens will also be expected to gain a sponsor and support network while in our program. Many teens are often far from home, so integrating in the community is a must. Some of our teens are on medication – teens must be compliant with all doctor’s orders while at our facility. There is medical staff to assist with problems and medication changes.
The bottom line is a commitment to change and personal growth. These changes are not expected to happen overnight. Recovery is a process, and sometimes a slow process. However, teens are expected to adhere to the program’s rules and regulations. By communicating effectively with other peers and staff, we hope that Rites of Passage NW will be a rewarding experience for everyone involved.
As a full rehabilitation center, we do offer many services for our teens. While each journey is different, all of the following is available to all of our clients. We offer:
- 24-hour medical and therapeutic staff
- Psychiatric, therapeutic, and medical services
- Counseling from board-certified professionals
- Vocational and equational counseling
- Activities, hiking, and treks
- Physical training and assessment
- Group and individual therapy
- Survival and camping skills
- Spiritual therapy and education
- Family involvement
- Alumni incentives
Rites of Passage NW is a fully-accredited rehabilitation center with emphasis on introspection and nature. All teenagers and young adults between the ages of 18-30 with drug and alcohol problems are welcome at our facility. We ask that they be goal-oriented toward sobriety and fully detoxed from substances before arrival.