If you are a parent and you have been considering taking your child to some sort of wilderness therapy program, you should know that this is quickly becoming a proven way to treat a variety of issues from behavioral problems to dealing with substance abuse. For many young people, Wilderness Therapy in the Northwest offer exactly what they need.
Sometimes, just being outside can help to foster an environment for reflection on actions and things that have brought them down the path to turmoil. When these outdoor situations are combined with therapeutic sessions via professional counselors and group discussions and tasks, the participants have the ability to learn from their past and move forward.
The idea of wilderness therapy is relatively new, but this is an emerging mental health treatment process that helps adolescents find ways to overcome addiction, adjustment, psychological issues, and emotional problems. There are a number of amazing advantages of going through with wilderness therapy programs, including:
- The parent is fully informed throughout every step of the process for the therapy program that their child is going through. Counselors work to talk with the parent so that they understand the full scope of the poor choices they have made and the behavior they are presenting.
- Participants are able to learn a range of responsibilities on how to tackle tasks on their own, as well as how to cooperate with other participants to work on getting tasks done in a timely fashion. All of these are life lessons that can be used later on well after the therapy program is complete.
- The program is facilitated by a professional staff and licensed treatment counselors who have a common goal of giving the participants and their families a well-rounded experience. While many of the participants in the program will have experiences that are very similar, not all will have feelings that are the same. The program works with participants on a group level as well as an individual level to help meet up with personal needs.
- There will also be a level of aftercare that is offered to help ensure that the participant is able to maintain quality progress and will keep learning in a way that is positive to help deal with life each day. There are certain skills like communication, setting goals, making decisions, and relating to others can all be learned by taking part in these valuable lessons.
- When you are looking for Wilderness Therapy in the Northwest, we invite you to give us a call at Rites Of Passage Wilderness Therapy. Call us today at (800)794-0980 for more information on how we can put together a detailed treatment program for you or your loved one.